Dr. Ronak Patel has a vast experience in helping workers’ return to their previous level of function after injury at the workplace.
Injuries at workplace are very common and may be debilitating. Workplace injuries often occur because of high-risk jobs, lack of or scarcity in safety devices, lack of training, higher number of manual workers and repetitive stress.
Repetitive stress injuries are the most common types of work-related injuries with several risk factors, including repetitive, forceful, or prolonged exertion of the hands and prolonged awkward postures.
Common injuries at the workplace include:
- Bone dislocations
- Soft tissue injuries
Depending on the type and severity of injury, treatment will be initiated. Regardless of the type of injury, patients should be provided first aid at the workplace including:
- Immobilization of the body part affected to avoid further injury
- Transportation for further evaluation at a hospital or physician’s office
An individual will be eligible to claim workman’s compensation if the individual suffers injuries or illnesses during employment and if caused by the nature of work.
Dr. Patel plays an important role in treating work related injuries and diseases, helping patients recover from occupational injuries and illnesses.
At a Glance
Ronak M. Patel M.D.
- Double Board-Certified, Fellowship-Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Past Team Physician to the Cavaliers (NBA), Browns (NFL) and Guardians (MLB)
- Published over 49 publications and 10 book chapters
- Learn more